I just ran across this article about what NOT to name your kids and thought it was pretty funny...
BATMAN
I thought the last part was particularly funny since on my mission in Venezuela I baptized 2 brothers named Lenin and Stalin. My companion and I would sometimes jokingly tell people our names were Superman and Batman and some of them thought we were serious and that it was pretty cool. Venezuelans are some way cool people.
Venezuelans are among the world’s most creative namers. In fact, according to their own government, they’re too creative. In September 2007, after hearing about babies named Superman and Batman, state authorities urged parents to pick their names from an approved list of 100 common Spanish monikers. Those conventional names (such as Juanita and Miguel) quickly acquired a patrician ring, ironically giving rise to more novel names, like Hochiminh (after the Vietnamese guerilla) and Eisenhower (after the president). There are also at least 60 Venezuelans with the first name Hitler.
2 comments:
So did you start the whole Batman and Superman naming trend?
Ethan keeps telling us he wants his name to be Indiana Jones. I guess we'd fit in if we moved there.
Kris.
Post a Comment