Monday, March 9, 2009

Youth Conference Weekend

This past weekend was our stake's youth conference. I had been sick during the week (caught what Connor had) but was finally feeling better by Friday thankfully. It started with registration, a fireside and a dance on Friday evening (another leader went to that one). I attended ALL day Saturday. I left my house at 7:15am and got home at 11:00pm. I did get to come home for one hour in the middle to take a shower and say hi to my family for 10 minutes.

It was an ARMY theme...Always Righteous Mormon Youth. In the morning we split up for various service projects. I was with a group that went to the Humane Society. We moved furniture, did yard work, swept, mopped, etc. Then we came back for lunch. After that was 6 rotations of "Boot Camp." I got to participate in an obstacle course since they needed an extra person. For part of it you had to put your nose to a baseball bat, spin around 8 times, then run down a long white line. I thought I was completely up and following the line when next thing I knew I was on the ground sideways. It was pretty funny. I also got to climb a rock wall. By that point I was so exhausted that I didn't have the energy to go all the way to my car for my camera. This picture was taken after the rotations. I know I was in a couple of pictures taken so I'll try to get them and post them later. Pretty fun group of kids!



After taking a shower we went back for dinner, a talent show, and a dance. Last night (Sunday) there was another fireside and testimony meeting...another leader went to that one. It was a fun time and a great experience. The stake leaders did an awesome job! Dallin played Superdad again and had the kids for the ENTIRE day. Thanks Dallin!

Now we get to start getting ready for Jacob's baptism and packing for our cruise!!!

No comments: