Saturday, April 18, 2009

Caterpillars

Zach has been learning about insects and bugs this week at school. Consequently that's what lots of our discussion at home has been about. Today I was about to throw out an egg carton and remembered the good old days when my mom taught preschool. We used to save egg cartons for things like making caterpillars. The kids had fun and Zach is so excited to bring it to show his class.
Zach always loves a good art project...
The finished products!
Last night we had a family movie night and this picture was so cute. Connor was so excited that Jacob let him sit next to him. Connor stayed there for like 20 minutes or so (which is a long time for Connor to stay in one place). Zach and Savannah always make their way into pictures somehow.

4 comments:

Crissybug said...

What a cute idea. I will have to remember that the next time I am about to throw away a carton.

Carrie Medford said...

You are such a fun mom! I'm glad I read your blog so that I can get some ideas of fun things to do with everyday things around the house.

Johnson Family said...

wow! I totally remember when your mom used to do that with her preschool! What an awesome idea. I think we will be doing that this week now.
Love all your posts!
Christa

Don and Sandy said...

You are definately your mothers daughte!