Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring Photo Shoot

Every spring I get the kids pictures done, by themselves and together. I usually go to JCPenney (school pics are a rip-off and my boys pose so bad they don't look like themselves). I have coupons and a card that makes it really cheap. But the last time we went there the guy acted like he'd never taken pictures of kids before, expecting all 4 of them to hold still in weird positions forever and stuff. Connor is in a phase of "I will do exactly the opposite of what you want." So if I want him to stay in one place and look at the camera he will look down and run away.

So this year I decided to do it myself (with my new, much-better camera). I am not a great photographer and not that creative with how I take them, but at least my kids look natural...for the most part. Just don't count the 90% of the pictures on my camera that have Connor leaving and Jacob desperately trying to hold him back, smile and look at the camera.

Here are some of my favorites (click to see them closer)...
Connor really like the "walking" pictures since he didn't have to hold still. I just had a hard time getting him to look up.Try getting 4 kids to look at you at the same time, let alone smile, when there's cool stuff around them to look at...
These 3 did great and endured lots of time waiting while I ran after Connor.
The ONE shot (out of like 200) where they were all actually looking at the camera at the same time. Too bad it's blurry because I had just pushed Connor back into the picture and backed up really quick. My poor kids were cold and covered in goosebumps. In the sun it was nice but the shade was pretty cool.
Every time Connor was cute in a picture both Zach and Savannah were looking the other way...
Connor's protest shots...

5 comments:

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

Fun catch up! I want to do a cruise SOOOOO badly! I wish we could get our famiy to babysit---they live 45 minutes away and you would think we lived is Asia or something with asmuch as they babysit!!! You look beautiful in your cruise pics! You will have to give me some cruise advice when you get a chance.

Grandma LeSueur said...

I LOVE these photos!! Perseverance pays off!! I love you all, Grandma LeSueur

Stephanie said...

Those are so cute! That's a good idea and I like the "natural" ones better too.

Millie Motts said...

Lauree, these are fantastic pics. I like the "natural" takes, and these are great. Shows some personality, don't you think? ;)

Gina

Don and Sandy said...

Good job. They are darling kids and I like the natural poses so you can see their personalities too.