Today was the big day. Here is the before smile...

Could not get a good picture of the bottom teeth. His mouth is small and he has a hard time opening it very wide.

Good thing they have these things at the orthodontist. Holy cow, and he thought getting his teeth cleaned was bad. He's gonna hate me someday for posting this. The metal things on his molars are for the expanders that he'll get next month. They were just fitting them and took them off when we were done.

Here is the blue light fusing the braces to his teeth. This was all very fascinating for me to watch, being that I never had braces. I had no clue how they were put together, and why you even had to have the little rubberbands.

Finished product...he chose teal and green.

Today he only got 6 braces on the top. In a month he'll get expanders and then bottom braces in about 4 months. The fun begins.
3 comments:
So fun... we started the process with Ember about 6 weeks ago. Should be an exciting 2 years!
Oooh, tell me where you took him. We are looking for one right now.
Wow! Okay, tell Jacob...a little piece of advice from me to him: Do what the orthodontist says! I was supposed to have braces for one year. ONE YEAR, but I never wore my headgear or my rubberbands and I had them for FIVE years. Five. Do what they say, even if it hurts and looks weird!
Post a Comment