Friday, July 23, 2010

Baby Landon

So here is the story...

I was having lots of contractions and nausea off and on for almost a week before he was born. FINALLY on Wednesday morning I woke up at 1:00am with a very painful contraction. Within about 15 minutes they were coming every 2-3 minutes, very painful. So I woke up Dallin and we dropped the kids off at my friend Erin's house about 2:00am. Erin and her family are AWESOME! We got to the hospital and I had an IV and pain medicine by about 2:30 or so. I was dilated to 4 centimeters. The medicine knocked me out and made me so, so loopy. I got my epidural around 3:30 I think. I honestly can't remember. I was actually able to sleep on and off until about 7:00am. At 7:30 I was at 6 centimeters, so they broke my water. By 8:15 I was ready to push. They got everything ready and I pushed 3 times and he was out. He only cried a little bit and then just laid there all calm and wanted to sleep. Landon and Mommy just minutes after birth.Landon slept for the entire first day. I didn't hear him cry or see him with his eyes open until about 7:30pm. He just ate his bottles while he was asleep.

Dallin brought the kids to visit that afternoon. Both days when they came to visit he wouldn't open his eyes either. They finally saw him awake this afternoon when we came home.

Connor doesn't want to hold him, but he loves to give him kisses.
Jacob is so excited and loves to hold him and help out with him.
Zach didn't want to hold him at first, but when he finally did he was loving it. Landon looks a lot like Zach did as a baby.
Landon's favorite spot on Mommy...
Savannah is in heaven. She doesn't like dolls, but she loves real babies. She's had a great time holding him and feeding him and trying to get him open his eyes.
We came home today after lunch. It's so nice to finally be home and have him here! Our family is complete. We are so blessed with such a sweet little boy.

8 comments:

Ronya said...

he is so cute! congrats!

THE ROMER FAM said...

Love it! So fun to see your cute family. So happy for you guys. Enjoy!!! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Gina said...

LOVE him! Congratulations again! I'm super-happy for you guys!

Holly and Brad said...

Look at you blogging and everything! You are such an inspiration to me of a strong mother! I can't believe you're on #5! You are an awesome mom and Landon is very lucky to get to come into such a sweet family. Great work on the labor part too, quick and easy it sounds like! I can't believe he was that big and was THREE weeks early. You just cook 'em fast don't you! :) What a blessing to have another healthy baby! Congratulations Strong Family (and good job Lauree!)

Johnson Family said...

What a beautiful family! And your kids are all so loving towards Landon!!!
Glad to see you are home, there is definitely no better place to be!
Congradulations!

Carrie Medford said...

What a sweet baby! I love red-headed boys.

Kiersti said...

He is so beautiful - congratulations!! Love his middle name, by the way :)

Amy E. said...

So precious! Can't wait to show the kids pics of their new cousin. I hope he continues to sleep well too. Congrats on his safe arrival!!