Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Dallin Weekend!

Saturday was Dallin's 36th birthday! The kids and I had a really hard time thinking of anything to get him. So we came up with a plan. On Friday morning the boys and I all went out and spent a few hours weeding and clearing out the flower beds in front of our house. Savannah was getting over a fever, so she stayed inside and was designated to tell me when Landon woke up. They worked hard and did a great job. Then I stayed out and did all the yard work while the big boys kept an eye on Landon. I figured if we couldn't think of something to buy him then we'd do something for him. Friday night I got a babysitter and we went out to dinner and he bought himself some wireless computer thing.

Saturday our new fridge came. Dallin also went and got new tires on the van before our long drive for vacation this summer. Then he went to the gym. Not that exciting, but he got to sleep in and relax some. After dinner the kids gave him all kinds of cards and stuff they had made for him. We kind of meshed birthday and Father's Day, since Savannah wanted to give him everything all at once. She had made a bunch of stuff for him the last week of school and I'm amazed she didn't give it to him earlier.He requested apple pie.
On Sunday the kids brought home some cute white shirt cards that the primary president had made. He also got to sleep in and not go to early meetings. The relief society had a treat buffet for all the men during priesthood opening exercises at church. I heard it was a big hit. They got to socialize a little and the kids didn't steal all the treats from them like they usually do.
This is one of my favorites that Savannah made. Here's the translation:

My dad is special because "he nose math and he nose sinse." (He knows math and science)
I like it when my dad "tikls me." (Tickles me)
My dad can do many things! I think he's best at "hoola hoop."
My dad has a great smile! I like to make him smile by "tikl on the arm pit." (Tickle him on the arm pit)
My dad is as handsome as a "man."
My dad is smart! He even knows "sinse." (science)
Jacob made him some "coupons" too...

So this weekend Dallin realized that the air conditioning on his car also needs to be fixed. Then I was in a fender bender in the church parking lot in the van yesterday. A guy and I ran into the back of each other as we were backing out. So Father's Day had a few downers too. With the fridge, new tires, new air conditioning in the little car, and a new back to the van it's adding up to an expensive month. Luckily we've got savings...that's what it's for!

2 comments:

Janssen said...

Yikes! What a bummer about your van.

Sounds like most of it was fun, though!

Grandma LeSueur said...

LOVE Savannah's Dad List and Jacob's Coupons. Happy Birthday, Dallin!!! :0) (sorry about your car expenses, though--bummer...)