Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Performance

A friend in our ward organized a group of kids to go and sing at the nursing home this year. All four of my older kids said they wanted to do it, so they have been practicing the last few weeks. They've had a lot of fun and learned some Christmas songs that they didn't know before. They did a great job when we went to the nursing home on Wednesday. We go to another one on Sunday to sing in the hallways.
Jacob has also been practicing "Hark How the Bells" on the piano and played that for the residents as well. He did a great job.
Jacob, Zach, Connor and Matthew sang the 2nd verse and the end of the 3rd verse of "Little Drummer Boy." Connor forgot to come up and sing with them though.
Connor was just so excited to be there. I could actually hear him really well on a few of the songs (when he wasn't turning around watching the girls behind him singing).
Savannah was really into it as well. She's been practicing at home and I hear her humming all the time.
There were a couple of funny things from the residents that I got a kick out of. One old man behind me loved one of the little boys, but I still don't know which one it was. He kept saying "Look at that cute little boy! The one in the jeans!" Almost every child there was wearing jeans.

Landon was amazingly good. Normally he likes to scream for fun now when we go places, just to hear himself. But he sat quietly in his stroller through the whole performance, just watching and listening. When it was over I came and refilled his snack tray with some bread that I had ripped into little pieces. The old man in a wheelchair next to him just reached out and grabbed a few and ate them right up. It was so funny, like he was eating popcorn while watching a show. I quickly moved Landon away though so the guy wouldn't steal all his snack before we had to leave.



1 comment:

Grandma LeSueur said...

Great job on the piano, Jacob!! I loved that song--and the other songs that were sung, too!