Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Dino Pit

On Saturday I took the little kids to the Austin Nature & Science Center downtown.  The older boys didn't want to come, so we left them at home.  We haven't been here in 2 or 3 years and Connor & Landon LOVED it.  It's free too, so you can't beat that.  I didn't get any pictures by all the fossils and stuff because I was trying to keep Landon from breaking the microscopes and magnifying glasses.  The kids are free to touch things, he's just a little too rough still.
 Landon love "whooing" to all the birds in the aviary.
 Of course Connor loved the snakes and fish.  They also have a few local rescued animals, like fox, racoon, etc.
 Then we headed to the dino pit.  Connor has gotten into dinosaurs lately, so he was very excited about this part.  He was only 2 or 3 the last time we came.
 Landon just followed Savannah around the whole time saying "Dig!  Dig!  I dig!"
 Until he found a nice hole to dig in.  Then he stayed put for a while.
 Connor thought it was great that I let him jump off all the rocks, since it was just sand to land in.
 It's such a pretty place to visit.

1 comment:

Grandma LeSueur said...

Looks like you guys had the Dino Pit all to yourselves! :0)