On Thursday, January 17 Landon and I flew to Arizona. The purpose of the trip was for the wedding of one of my best friends. Dallin dropped us off at the airport right after we took the kids to school. Dallin was able to work from home a couple of days and the older kids also went to a friend's house one day after school as well. They did a great job keeping the house together and getting everything done. I know this trip wouldn't have been possible without Dallin being so supportive. Thanks Dallin!
This time Landon had his own seat and it was SO much better than when we went a year ago. I brought his car seat and strapped him in just like a car trip. He didn't know he could get out and I didn't tell him. I didn't even have to use all the new little toys I had bought for the plane, he did so well. He mostly just held his new Scooby-Doo and watched shows on my Kindle. I love that Kindle.
When we got to AZ we had lunch with Grandma & Grandpa LeSueur. In the evening my mom took me to get a pedicure with her while Grandpa took Landon to the park.
Friday we spent at the Strongs, but I'll do that as a separate post. Saturday was wedding day! When my mom and I got to the temple we ran into my mom's best friend and her daughter, also there for a wedding. They live in eastern AZ, so it was great and a major coincidence for us to get to see them and talk to them for a few minutes.
On Sunday we went to church with my parents, and then had my aunt and uncle's family over in the evening. I really appreciated them making the long drive out to see us. Landon enjoyed using Todd as a racetrack.
With the Garbisons, "Shapes," "Mer-silly," and Todd
Landon LOVED playing with Shae, who he called "Shapes." They did legos and she played lots of hide-and-seek with him. He was missing his siblings by then, so it was a nice play date for him. Oh, and he wore that Santa hat any time we were at my parent's house.
Landon enjoyed having lots of one on one attention with family during the whole week.
We left on Tuesday after lunch, but stopped at Grandpa's work to say good-bye before we left, since it's right next to the airport. I used to go visit my dad in that building when I was a little girl, and now all of my kids have been there to visit Grandpa.
Landon got a new "puppy" for the way home, and is still carrying it around non-stop. He did great on the flight again, and even took a nap for half the time. After both flights the guys sitting next to me complimented him on what a good boy he was, which made me happy. It was a fun, fun trip, but it's nice to be home and back in our routine again.












1 comment:
MY favorite part was having some extremely RARE mom-daughter time again!! That was awesome!!
Post a Comment