Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Visit to Tucson

On Monday my mom and I drove down to Tucson for a few hours.  I love the Reid Park Zoo and was excited to take Landon there for the first time.  We met my friend Lori and her boys there, who we haven't seen in almost 5 years.  Landon was kind of a stinker for the first half, until he warmed up to the Robinson boys.  Then he was great and excited to look at the animals with them.  He especially liked the peacocks and turtles that we saw in various places.
They have a huge new elephant enclosure since the last time I was there, with 5 elephants.
 One of them is a baby, and one is a teenager I guess you could say.  This is just a small part of the enclosure, but it's neat that it wraps around in a horseshoe shape so that you can see them well from anywhere after they let them in to find their food and play.
Landon & Grandma LeSueur 
 The frog squirter that all of my kids have loved.
 
 And look!  We even found the "Boy Exhibit."
 Landon latched on to Braydon.  I guess he just figured that Braydon was a good replacement for Jacob since he wasn't around.  Landon LOVED the monkeys, and kept wanting to go back and listen to them howl.
 I think these fish have doubled in size since Jacob was little.
We went to the Robinson's house for a couple of hours after and Landon had a blast being entertained by Braydon, Zach, Ben and all their toys.  We even got to see Ember & Dusty as well.  It made me a little sad that our boys aren't getting to grow up together because they did and would get along so well!  We miss you Robinsons!
Thanks for letting us visit Lori.  It was so fun to see you in person!
On our way out of town we drove by my old house and Jacob's old school.  Everything looks pretty much the same, but after living in Texas for so long the landscape seemed even that much more barren.  I forget what a desert it is there!


1 comment:

Grandma LeSueur said...

I had so much fun going to Tucson with Lauree & Landon! Lorie has such nice boys--they were so cute with Landon. My favorite exhibit at the zoo was the Wild Boys! :0)