On Saturday, May 4, 2013 Savannah was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. In our church children are baptized at the age of 8, when they have the ability to choose between right and wrong. We are so proud of Savannah for her decision to be baptized.
We were so grateful that my mom could be here to celebrate this special day with Savannah. Grandpa LeSueur was not able to come because of work and Grandma & Grandpa Strong were at the funeral of Savannah's great-grandma, which was the same day. I know Dallin would have loved to attend his grandma's funeral and we were sad to miss that as well.
Savannah was so excited to share this day with her best friend. They have been talking about it for years, so it was neat to finally have their special day here. Savannah was baptized first and stood off to the side of the baptismal font to watch Morgan be baptized. Savannah's friend April Bingham was also baptized as well.
Savannah's dress was very special to both of us. A friend of mine in Tucson surprised me and made it out of my wedding dress. I had given my dress to her for a business she had, because it had a small tear in it. A few years ago (actually, the week I found out that Landon was a boy) I received a mysterious package in the mail from her and it was a baptism dress she had made for Savannah. It meant so much to me that my only daughter wore my blessing dress and then my wedding dress for her baptism.
Mom & daugher besties
Mom & daugher besties
Savannah was baptized and confirmed by Dallin. The confirmation is a special blessing given right after the baptism. The other men who stood in the confirmation circle were Jeremy Benoit, Jeremy Bingham, Garrett Oleen, and James Negri.
Savannah has been blessed with wonderful teachers at school, and we were so thankful to her teacher Mrs. Bond for taking time out of her weekend to come and support Savannah. Julie Bond is one of Savannah's favorite people right now and she was so happy to have her there. Mrs. Bond also gave her a beautiful photo album to put all of her baptism pictures in, which I'm sure she will always treasure.
Melissa & James Negri also came to support Savannah. They are family friends and Sister Negri was Savannah's primary teacher for quite a while. She made Savannah a hand-stiched bookmark with her name on it. Sister Emily Lucas also attended, who is the primary president in our ward right now.
After the baptism we changed clothes and went to lunch at the Benoits'. The kids had fun hanging out and jumping on the trampoline.
This cracks me up, but Landon will totally let Savannah carry him around, especially when he is tired. I think she only weighs a few pounds more than he does. I can remember carrying my brother around like this too though.
The boys LOVED having Dallin jump on the trampoline with them.











4 comments:
So fun!! Jon told me he saw your mom at the baptism. I am glad she could be there!! And how neat that her dress is made from your wedding dress. Does she do that as part of her business? I would have LOVED to have that done for my daughter!! What a great idea!
That photo of Savannah lugging Landon around TOTALLY reminds me of you and Justin!! You were even the same age-spread (and WEIGHT-spread)! I feel so blessed to have been able to attend Savannah's baptism day--it was a beautiful day! I'm proud of you, Savannah!!
LOVE! :-)
Congratulations to Savannah!! SO sweet about her/your dress. I love that idea!
Post a Comment