Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Capitol Visitor's Center

Today was drizzly and freezing cold outside. We had 4 kids who really needed to get out of the house. They love the capitol building so went and saw the visitor's center today. We pretty much had it all to ourselves. It's free, with free parking. Gotta love free.

Dallin & Savannah chatting on the old-fashioned phone...
What the inside of the dome looks like...
"Ride 'em cowgirl!"
A couple of dudes in front of the cowboy gear...
Connor rockin' out...
Pioneers Zach & Jacob...
Jacob checking out the top of the Capitol Building through the telescope...
This light-up grid map showed the Texas territory at various times in history I think...

3 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Dallin must have some time off for the Holidays, that is neat! How fun to spend time with your family, that is what the season is all about. I have been making my kids to stuff with me everyday too, first their chores, then a Christmas craft and or treat, then a movie. It has been fun and everyone is more happy this way. I hope you guys have a very merry Christmas!!

Carrie Medford said...

I know the feeling of having to get the kids out of the house. But it is so much more difficult to do with a newborn. I need some of your ideas for craft-making and other things to keep them busy at home.

The Wilkes said...

Savannah's hair looks really cute...I think I'm going to have to copy that hairstyle!