Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas lights!

We had the missionaries over for dinner on Sunday. As they were leaving they asked if they could do anything for us. We said "No, we're fine." Then one elder asked if they could help us put up our Christmas lights. I was debating whether or not to even put them up this year (I do it at our house). They came on Tuesday and did it 3 times faster than I do. The boys thought it was so cool that the missionaries were on our roof when they got home from school. The wind has been blowing like crazy and blew some back up on the roof, but it looks great! THANKS ELDERS!!!
To answer Carrie's comment...I think they asked if they could help because they always need service hours and then our neighbors would get some good exposure to them too. One neighbor did actually stand outside and watch them for a while...very puzzled. I only let them after I knew they had already helped another friend.

3 comments:

Holly Strong said...

That is so cool. I should have the missionaries do our lights...LOL

Carrie Medford said...

So are you guys inactive or something? I've only seen the elders do service like that for nonmembers or inactives.

dallin said...

Yes Carrie, we are inactive. The ward really didn't like the idea of the YW president not coming to church so they are working us with the missionaries