Monday, December 15, 2008

Savannah's "ouchie chin"

Updated picture:Today is FREEZING cold. Yesterday was a high of like 77 degrees. It felt pretty warm outside, even in the evening. So I put my boys in a short-sleeved shirt today with very light jackets. I figured it would warm up again. Well it didn't. Today is a high of 38 degrees and right now (at 1:45pm) it says "feels like 24 degrees." What does this have to do with Savannah's chin you ask? Well I felt really guilty and decided to take some hats and gloves to the boys while they had lunch (just in case their teachers took them outside for recess later). We were walking up to the school, Savannah trotting along behind me. Savannah is a little pigeon-toed and also runs on her tip-toes. This make for many, many falls. She went down face-first and I heard a huge thud as her chin hit the sidewalk. I took her straight to the nurse and she gave her an ice-pack and cleaned her up. This is after icing it twice, and a a bandaid. You can't tell very well, but it's really bruised underneath the layer of no skin. It's dark purple and even black. Poor little girl. Her head is a magnet for injury. At least the school nurse already knows her for the future.

3 comments:

Grandma LeSueur said...

Poor Savannah!!!! You're not supposed to get owies for Christmas!! I love you, Grandma LeSueur

Stephanie said...

Poor little girl...my Mckenzie got an owie on her chin too, but not like that. (At least it's on the bottom so if it scars.)

Jessica said...

Ouch! Poor Savannah! :0(