Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Savannah!

Savannah's birthday was on Thursday. We let her open a couple of presents before school.The first was a whole box of headbands, bows and flower clips. She had picked out a few fake flowers and then my friend made them into clips for me. She LOVES them with her new hairdo.
The next present was a piece of paper. At first she just tossed it aside. But then I showed her the pictures on the paper and this was her face when I said "This is where we are going camping tomorrow after school for your birthday!"
She has been begging to go camping ever since the last time we went...2 years ago. It makes her so sad when the boys and Dallin go without her for the "boy camp out."

Dallin was home early and we let her open the rest of her presents right after school. She has such nice brothers. They each had something for her. Connor wanted to get her this chocolate rose when we saw it on clearance after Valentine's Day. He said "It will make her SO happy!" Zach made her a homeade purse and Jacob gave her a lego horse to go with her next present...Girl Legos! She was very excited.
Grandma & Grandpa Strong were here not long ago and caught on to how much this girl loves her stuffed animals. We got a large package in the mail...
...that had this dog in it. Instant love.
After presents her friend came over to play. Since he's a boy he didn't get invited to her girly party, so she wanted to have him over to play on her actual birthday.
After a dinner of fish sticks, corn & strawberries (all of Savannah's favorites) we had cake. Savannah got to have an ice cream cake this year. I had a free discount, that made the entire cake only 99 cents. I added some sugar letters to the top. Unfortunately we learned that none of us really love ice cream cake. But it was fun to try. I'm glad we got a small one.
We love you Savannah!

1 comment:

Grandma LeSueur said...

I LOVE Savannah's haircut!! And her big hair flowers, too :0) Wow, Savannah is SIX!!!