Saturday, April 16, 2011

One of those days...

Friday:
3:15pm - All kids come home from school happy and healthy
4:00pm - Jacob suddenly has a fever of 101.6
5:45pm - Take Zach to soccer practice; Savannah comes and whines the whole time
7:30pm - Zach has an emotional meltdown
10:00pm - Savannah comes out crying with a sore throat
10:40pm - Landon has a bad night terror for 3 or 4 minutes; finally wakes up and is calm as can be
1:30am - Connor is sobbing in the bathroom; Dallin gets there just in time to help him throw up in the toilet; he has a temperature of 102.4; I make him a bed on the guest room floor and sleep next to him for the night while he coughs until 4:00am
7:00am - All kids wake up happy and fever free - ???!!!???

Saturday update - Connor's fever went back up, but no more throw ups. I'll take it.

Monday update - Jacob is better, but Savannah and Connor are still sick. Guess it's turning into "one of those weeks."

Monday night - Landon has a fever now. And my head is all stuffed up. So glad I don't have anything scheduled this week that can't be rearranged. I did take Savannah to the doctor this afternoon and it's not strep. I'm thankful it's just a virus. We'll take it easy and watch movies this week.

Tuesday - Sick kids were all up in the night at different times. Dallin and I both have it good now. Dallin stayed home from work. The little kids all took naps voluntarily...Connor and Landon took two each and Savannah slept for 2 hours. The school nurse called this morning and I had to go give Zach his allergy medicine so his asthma didn't act up. Luckily Dallin was here so I didn't have to take 3 sick kids with me. I'll count that as a blessing. Still just very happy it's not strep. Being sick definitely forces you to slow down and take it easy at least! I'm happy about that too. Savannah & Connor's fevers are pretty much gone now.

Wednesday - We're all feeling much better overall. Dallin went back to work. Savannah woke up happy and perky and begged to go to school, so I let her. And the nurse called within an hour for me to come and get her. She and Connor still have really nasty sore throats, so she'll be home tomorrow too. Savannah & Connor played "Go Diego Go" all morning and it was so cute to listen to them. Savannah would hide her lost pet and Connor would have to go and "rescue" it. Love my kids!

8 comments:

Ronya said...

yuck! sorry! I thought you actually got your sleep when you were done having newborns. you ruined my hopes and dreams. lol

Stephanie said...

What a night! Aren't you glad that they're not sick anymore though?

Grandma LeSueur said...

So sorry! At least it's Saturday!

Jeremy Medford said...

How miserable! And why does it always have to happen in the nighttime so you are sleep-deprived the next day?

Carrie Medford said...

By the way, that last comment was from me, not Jeremy. I didn't realize that I was signed in as him!

alilayne said...

Ummm...so maybe that whole motherhood thing isn't something I want to do. :)

Sheyenne said...

Wow, that is quite the rollercoaster. But better you than me. ;) LOL

Johnson Family said...

how crazy?!!! This spring has been sooo weird with sickness!!! We feel the same way around here!
Keep on hanging in there!
Love ya, Christa