Sunday, February 3, 2008

Germs

These are technically "Zach moments" but kind of long so I thought I'd just make a post out of them...

This one is very sweet. Last night Zach was saying our family prayer. At the end he paused for a minute and then said "Bless Prophet Hinckley to move to his new house in Heaven." He's such a sweet boy. He's very excited because today Connor and Jacob are both sick (again!), so it's just going to be Zach and I going to church today. He's so excited to have Mommy to himself for all of church.
Update: We got home from church and Savannah now has a really high fever. It's really going around here. A little girl sitting a couple of rows in front of us threw up all over her Mom during the Sacrament today. Not fun.

Okay, on to the germs. At breakfast I told Zach that Jacob wouldn't be coming to church because he had a fever again. This is the dialog that followed (I wrote it down as he was saying it...he couldn't see that though):

Zach: I only have one germ.

Mom: Oh really, where is it?

Zach: Right by my elbow and then it switches to my shoulder over here.

Mom: What kind of germ is that?

Zach: An itchy germ. Dinosaurs have it too.

Mom: Wow! That's amazing.

Zach: Blood. It's like a machine. You're body is like a machine.

Mom: Where did you learn that?

Zach: At school. Next year when I go to kindergarten I'll learn all about that stuff.

5 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Lauree, I just loved your post tonight and I also feel your pain because I think that for the past three weeks or so, one of my kids has been home sick from church or school everyday. The life of a mom!!! He!!! He!!

Carrie Medford said...

I wonder how that little mind works!

Janssen said...

What a riot - that kid cracks me up!

The Wilkes said...

Love Zack's prophet comment...I think Carter has similar pictures in his head about where President Hinkley is now.

Melinda said...

That is so cute. I miss having you guys around!