Well Savannah has decided she wants to be pottytrained...HALLELUJAH! On Saturday I asked if she wanted to wear her "big girl underwear". She had accidents all day but would go whenever I asked her. So I put her in a pull-up and she was doing okay. Well yesterday morning we went to Walmart and she saw a bag of all-pink jelly beans (for Easter). She held onto them like they were gold...and they became her "potty treat." Since then as long as we're at home she has been almost completely dry. She was dry when she woke up this morning and has been dry all day!!!!! (On a side note, she's been potty-trained for #2 for almost a year now...she's a little backward.) Hooray for pink jelly beans!!! Now if you've never potty-trained a child please bear with me, but this is a very exciting day in my life. Also if you know Zach and the fact that it took over a year and a half to potty-train him...well let's just say this time around is 100% better. She now refuses to wear "baby diapers" and I'm very happy about that.
Update: Today (Sunday) Savannah woke up dry and has been dry the entire day...100%!!! She's even worn My Little Pony "panties" all afternoon and is pretty excited about that. Yeah!
Thank you so much to whoever invented pink jelly beans.
Update: Today (Sunday) Savannah woke up dry and has been dry the entire day...100%!!! She's even worn My Little Pony "panties" all afternoon and is pretty excited about that. Yeah!
Thank you so much to whoever invented pink jelly beans.

9 comments:
I love the new blgo layout and I love Savannah's idea to use pink jelly beans. I'll remember that in about 6 months when it's time to give Lucy panties. *gulp*
It makes me cring thinking about potty training. I'm glad your experience with Savannah seems to be free from pain...I wish I could echo that same experience with Carter. I'll keep my fingers crossed that Avery will be that good.
I look forward to the day when Matthew will at least show an interest in potty training. Right now the toilet is just a bowl of water to play in.
Yea! That milestone is nice to have behind you. The Dr. gave me a sheet on potty training Hannah at her last check up. I just thought, "yeah right! Try me next year."
Potty training is so hard - I am so glad for BOTH of you!! Yea!!!!
I bet you can't wait for your mom and dad to visit! Have so much fun with them!
Love, Marilee
It seems that p-training for boys is a mutually horrible experience! Collin (he's three four in August)will have like a whole week with no accidents and then all of the sudden he's had four accidents in a day! You say thankd for pink jelly beans I say hallelujah for washing machines! Good luck!
Hooray! I'm glad Savannah is joining the ranks of the undiapered. Jake used "silver treats" (Hershey kisses) as his inspiration.
congratulations!!!!!!
You give me hope. Will will do #1 when I change his diaper and put him on the toilet. But he gets mad when I suggest #2. I'm done with two in diapers!
Post a Comment