Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day!

The kids had a blast yesterday! To start off with, I had told Jacob that I would have a valentine for him when he woke up...and Grandma had sent one too. The boys were so excited it took them an extra 45 min. to go to sleep. Then I hear Jacob at 5:45am! I went out to the kitchen and he was fully dressed, had already read 2 new books, played with some toys, and who knows what else. He was too wired to go back to bed so I turned on Star Wars and I went back to bed. I wish I had a picture but it was way too early to be thinking about that. Jacob got to have a Valentine's party with his class...complete with ice cream sundaes and "kissing" cookies (lips).

Zach's preschool didn't have a party but they did decorate boxes and exchange Valentines. The big highlight of the day though was going on the school bus on a field trip to the nursing home. They had made ladybugs to pass out and sang songs for the "really old grandmas and grandpas." Zach said he gave his ladybug to the "grandma who had lots of bloody noses." I thought that was a neat thing to do for Valentine's. His preschool is a Christian preschool so they really try to emphasize service, morals, etc.

Savannah had a little party with her music class on Tuesday. But yesterday she and Connor and I went to have lunch with Jacob at the school. Savannah loves doing that. Yesterday was especially neat because his class got to eat on the stage (for being extra good in the cafeteria the last few weeks). They closed the curtains and turned on a movie for them. Connor even loved that.

Connor loves boxing with the balloon that Dallin brought home for me...I just have to make sure he doesn't eat it.
Dallin also brought these flowers home (which are beautiful). But the little decorator in Zach said "Let's go pick some yellow ones and put them in. It needs yellow too."

3 comments:

Carrie Medford said...

Way to go, Dallin! I love that Zach wanted to give his ladybug to the old lady with lots of bloody noses. I hope my kids learn those kinds of morals in school too. And I always am a big fan of Zach's moment of the day.

Johnson Family said...

I love your blog, and I love that you added the Books to Read list, I love a lot of books on your list and now I have some others to try!!

Rhiannon said...

Lauree, your family is so cute. It's great to see your blog.