Friday, February 29, 2008

Blue & Gold Banquet...or "The Army Party"

Tonight was the Cub Scout Blue & Gold Banquet. For church I have helped in primary for the last few years and have been part of the Cub Scout program. The boys LOVE being able to go to the big events like this one and the Pinewood Derby every year. The theme tonight was army and military stuff. They were in heaven. Every year there is a cake contest (ours is a cake auction to do fundraising for the scout program). There was a really cool tank cake, an aircraft carrier, a battle scene, etc. The boys were really bummed that we didn't get a cake, but they sold for between $50 and $120. Maybe next year I'll make a really ugly cake and then buy it for $10. It was a fun time anyway! This picture is for Uncle Jeremy...they got Navy stickers that are now stuck proudly on the wall by their beds. Go Navy!

2 comments:

Carrie Medford said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie Medford said...

Carrie wrote the first comment, but I told her how cheesy it was and that I was going to delete it (This is Jeremy). It sounds like I have a couple of young supporters in Texas. I'll have to send them something. I remember I used to get excited about getting something army related when I was little because my grandpa was in the army. I guess that is how all little kids feel.