Today we went swimming for the first time this summer. The kids had a blast. We have two pools in our neighborhood (that we pay for with our HOA). One has a large waterslide and the other has a splash pool next to the regular pool. We went to the splash pool today because I knew Connor would love it...and he did. It's only about waist-high for him at the deepest spot, but I still have to be right next to him because if he falls his face goes straight into the water.

The older kids love it just as much as Connor. The boys like the water cannon that you can aim and shoot at people as they run by. I bring a little plastic watering can for Savannah and that keeps her occupied most of the time.

Yes, Jacob still wears floaties...we didn't do any swim lessons last year because Connor was so tiny (and because they're so expensive here). Having a baby with me makes it hard to teach them anything when I take them all myself. I also prefer it for my peace of mind until I know that he can swim well completely on his own (our pools don't have lifeguards when we usually go). We are doing one session of swim lessons in June for Jacob & Zach...hopefully they'll get a little better.

Savannah is a little fish. I get her life jacket and floaties on and she just takes off all the way across the pool (she would do the same thing last year when she was barely 2 years old). Today we tried earplugs for the first time. She screams whenever water gets in her ears for baths...and did all last year at the pool. I had the doctor check and everything is fine. He said some kids just don't like the feeling of the water in there. She complained that she couldn't hear for a while but at least she could actually jump in and go under without screaming.

Connor had fun watching the kids swimming all around him. He kept trying to climb out of this thing so he could join them.
3 comments:
What a fun place to swim. I wish we had a neighborhood like that. I know how hard it is to watch all of them a once. Have a fun summer.
Melanie
I'm jealous--that splash pool looks awesome! I wish it were warm enough here to go swimming!
I love your fun pics! I am sooo jealous that you have such a cool pool to play in! Chase would love that...in fact, we are totally IN the next time you go. He would have so much fun with Connor in the splash pool. Let us know when you're going...we would LOVE to tag along!
Post a Comment