Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bye-Bye Bottles & A Trip to the Dentist

Well Connor had his last bottle of formula last night. The formula is gone, and so are the bottles. I've been giving him milk in a cup for a couple of weeks too , and it hasn't even phased him. So the bottles are gone...now I just need to get rid of the pacifier. The funny thing is that he likes to walk around while he drinks it. I thought this was cute. Connor saw Savannah's cup on the table and came over and sort of tossed his cup up there too.
Connor almost always has some sort of rag or blanket hanging out of his mouth. That's his favorite thing to chew on. The thing that's so adorable is that he doesn't hold it with his hands. He likes his hands free to get into stuff...so the blanket just hangs there.

Today I took all 4 kids for dental cleanings and check-ups (I got Jacob out of school and then took him back after). They all did really good considering they were short-staffed and we were there for 2 hours during lunch and nap-time. Connor had his first "cleaning." I think it's hilarious that they do babies, but it's covered by insurance...so why not?

4 comments:

Crissybug said...

Hey Lauree...I found you through Bethany's blog. Your family is so adorable! It looks like you are doing great, and enjoying life in Texas. It will be nice to 'drop in' and see how your family is doing.

BTW- I met your SIL Melinda...we play in Orchestra together over at Chandler Gilbert Community College.

Carrie Medford said...

So how exactly do they do baby cleanings?

Strong Family - said...

He lays across my lap with his head in the lap of the hygenist. She used the nasty toothpaste, but with a regular little kid toothbrush. Then the dentist did the same (with his head in his lap) for the "exam." He counted his teeth and made some notes and that was it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauree! I'm so glad I found your blog through Bethany's. Looks like you are doing very well. You have adorable children.