Grandma LeSueur came to visit this past week! We had so much fun having her here. She flew in Saturday evening. Sunday we realized a little ways in to primary that Zach's class didn't have a teacher, so Grandma even substituted his class last minute (Dallin did it the week before so Zach had fun in primary the last couple of weeks). On Monday it rained all day so we ran some errands and Grandma watched the kids while I got my hair cut.

Savannah was Grandma's shadow for the whole week. She followed her everywhere and talked her ear off non-stop. She loved to have Grandma "paint" and color with her.

Grandma helping Connor chase the other kids all around the house. Connor thought that was way better than running.

Grandma and the kids (Savannah was getting elbowed by Zach and started screaming).

Grandma brought a Dora doll for Savannah and a book for Connor, but Savannah wanted the book instead (and she doesn't really like dolls). Well Connor was so excited to have his own Dora and walked around with it constantly saying "Dora, Dora, Dora, Dora,..."

Tuesday the boys had early-release at school and I took Jacob to his parent/teacher conference & Book Fair. He's doing a great job at school and we're really proud of him. He got a new Ironman book at the Book Fair. Tuesday night Dallin and I got to go on a date! We went to Chili's and then to see the Ironman movie. Jacob was waiting for me the next morning when I came out at 6:30am. He wanted to know all about the movie and all of the cool stuff that Ironman can do (since he won't be able to see it until he's older). He gets on a kick and that's all he can think about for days.

On Wednesday morning Zach had a kindergarten assessment. The weather was so nice outside (and was supposed to get pretty hot by lunchtime) so I pulled Jacob out of school and we went on our own little field trip. First we rode the train at Zilker Park in Austin. It goes for almost 30 minutes and Grandma loved all the green scenery.

After riding the train we went over to the Nature & Science Center for some digging in the dino pit. Zach still wants to be a "bone digger" when he grows up.

We were going to go to McDonald's for lunch but Jacob insisted on Burger King. He had seen on a commercial or something that they had Ironman toys there in the kid meals. So we found a Burger King for our little princes and princess.

On Thursday Grandma helped make 8 batches of sugar cookies for Primary Activity Day this Saturday. Thanks Mom!!! The kids love being wherever Grandma is...

Mom and I got to go out walking a couple of times too in the evening which was fun for me. One place was a park that feels like you're in the woods and really pretty. We also got to go to my ward's Girl's Night Out and watch an 8-hour miniseries together that we got from the library. It was a great week for all of us and we were sad to take her to the airport this morning.
But now we're excited for Grandma and Grandpa Strong to come for Memorial Day weekend! We'll start counting the days again!
5 comments:
Sounds like a great visit!
I'm curious - what mini-series did you watch?
Your mom is so cool. I still remember her cookies--YUM! Isn't it cool to see our mom's as Grandma's! bethany
I loved this blog entry. And in every picture your mom is smiling and it brought back many memories of being in her preschool and being at your house!!! I also loved that you had a chance to be in the pictures for once!!! You look so great and are full of smiles as well. you can tell in the pictures that the kids love hanging out with mom and grandma!
p.s. which 8-hour miniseries did you watch... was it a Jane Austin....
It was Bleak House by Charles Dickens. I actually liked it better than most Jane Austen. :-)
I am so glad to find your blog. I loved all your pictures and getting to know what is going on in your life. I bet your mom is a wonderful grandma LeSeuer as my mom is. Keep in touch! Melanie
Post a Comment